Saturday, December 26, 2009

Thinking and Sharing in ePrint

I was tempted to write a lengthy introduction to this blog describing its purpose, my hopes for it and why I felt that writing it would be worthwhile for me and for those who might read it. I even wrote a rough draft and tweaked it a bit. But now as I actually sit down to write I realize its purpose, goals and value cannot be tethered to what I am thinking now. Like life itself, all things, including this blog will evolve into what it will based on countless interactions that influence everything that is. May you find its contents worth the time you invest. I eagerly anticipate your comments and insights regarding what you encounter here.

A little warning!

You can be assured some issues regarded as sensitive will be addressed within. If you are easily offended ask yourself why you are easily offended, put a chew toy in your mouth and read on.


A very brief and sketchy introduction to me:

I am presently a 46 year old gay man living in The Philippines with my partner. I am originally from New Orleans, Louisiana. I exclusively attended catholic schools kindergarten through graduate school. I hold a Bachelor's Degree in Secondary Education with a concentration in mathematics and a Master's Degree in Religious Education. I was a teacher of high school mathematics and Catholicism. I also worked as a real estate agent and in the insurance and financial services, investment sector. I have lived in Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, New York, Hawaii, California and the Philippines. I have visited 19 countries, 20 if you count the Vatican as a country. I am a former devout catholic and now would best describe myself not as an atheist but as anti-theist. I try not to believe anything. I have found it much more efficacious to experience things as they are without the filters of dogma, doctrine and deism. And, as for the bits of my life and our universe remaining beyond my knowledge and comprehension, I understand that those kinds of holes will exist. As best I can, I focus my attention on the holes I and we can fill with truth, not fictions and delusions and let the others remain as reminders of just how wondrous existence is even without the gods and monsters we were taught to believe in. I try to walk humbly in light of this knowledge. I find the teachings of The Buddha quite enlightening but eschew the barnacles that have attached themselves to his wisdom over the last two millenia. I am tempted to say I am well read, but is that even really possible? My favorite novel is Resurrection by Leo Tolstoy and my favorite work of non-fiction is The Dancing Wu Li Masters by Gary Zukov. In general I enjoy Utopian literature. A few of my favorite authors are Aldous Huxley, Leo Tolstoy, Dan Brown, and, well, more. I enjoy cooking and am told I am good at it. I guess the only other thing you should know for now is I have a good life, I am happy and generally walk around with a little smile if not on my lips, not too far from them. I laugh a lot.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment